Our campgrounds near Bandera, Texas are used by not only the Coastal Bend Mission Center, but also the Heart of Texas Mission Center and various organizations.
•For a calendar, directions, and RV information, see the main Sionito website.
•For information about youth camps at Sionito, visit our youth camps website.
•Nominate someone for a Sionito Lifetime Achievement Award here.
• Enter the Tom Grubbs Annual Photo Contest for a chance to win a free week at a Camp or Reunion.
We had an amazing camping season and look forward to sharing it with you again next summer. Watch this space for Reunion and Youth Camp Registration next spring.
Leader in Training Application
Thank you for your interest in expanding your leadership skills and in serving as a Leader in Training!
Our LIT program is designed to give you leadership training and experience and be assistant staff at Senior High Camp. There is no cost for this and eligibility is for those who graduated high school in 2022 and/or is at least 18 years old up to 22 years old. If you have any questions about the LIT program, please contact Dee and John Danielson at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jim Seeley at email@example.com. Don’t wait too long as we have limited spots for the LIT program.
- You are applying to be a Leader in Training during Senior High Camp, 2023 at Camp Sionito in Bandera, Texas.
- The Camping Committee will receive and review all applications and then notify each applicant whether he or she has been selected to serve as a Leader in Training. Senior High Camp is June 11 – 17, 2023, but if you are accepted, you will need to be at Camp Sionito on June 10 by 2 pm to participate in staff orientation.
- As a Leader in Training you will have your own program during the camp, but you will also be serving as assistant staff in various areas. You will not serve as a cabin counselor and will always be involved in Senior High camp activities as assistant staff. That means that you will never be alone with the Senior High campers, but will always be working with a camp staff member.
- Your goal is to discover and expand your skills in leadership and ministry as you help enhance the
camping experience of the campers and to bring the spirit of Jesus Christ to them.
- You will need to become a Registered Youth Worker if you are not already one. Fill out the first 2 pages of the Registered Youth Worker application and give to your pastor or other church leader to complete.